Skip to main content

The week of the "joyful message".

Folks, rejoice!


- Spring is here, and the proposal for revised budget has been communicated to the plebs …

As always there are many significant goodies, but when the Minister of Finance communicated the really important one (on both major Norwegian TV channels), I felt a great warmness spreading throughout my body …

Friends, in their great goodness and wisdom, they find room to raise the Pensioners pocket money with a total of 1000 NOK a year. 


One has to bend over to in gratitude to the government’s kindness and good hart, to find room for such a substantial gift this in these difficult times …


I believe the pensioners are all ecstatic from this good news…

Let’s see how this may work in “the real world”.

NOK 1000 a year, is abt. £88,5, or € 107, or $ 117, just for reference. 


The pensioner will then have the possibility to freely spend the daily sum of NOK 2,74 on what he/she wishes for…


Let’s see how they may use this fortune:

  • 1 liter of milk cost abt. 17 NOK, he/she saves money for more than 6 days for one extra liter … 
  • 1 bread (decent) cost abt. 20 NOK, he/she saves money for more than 7 days for one extra bread ...
  • 1 pack sliced chees cost abt. 30 NOK, he/she saves money for more than 11 days to get one extra pack …
  • 1 liter gasoline cost abt. 14 NOK, he/she saves money for more than 5 days to get some extra kilometers …

I could keep on …

It belongs to the story that, through the recent pay settlement, the pensioners have had a weaker wage development than other sections of the population - a deliberate policy from politicians and governing bodies! 

I really don’t know which reality politicians live, but it’s certainly not the same as their subjects.

Like Pontius Pilatus they wash their hands ...

The only thing I’m sure of is that they are spineless, not trustworthy, and always have excuses ready to rationalize for their “poor” decisions.

Norway is one of the most costly countries to live in! 

  • Over years “marginalized” groups have been overlooked and neglected. 
  • Poverty among kids has risen over recent years.
  • Several public areas / functions are in decay.

Sorry folks, I don’t like what I see, and all is not good!


Smile, next week coms May 17th, - and we may once again show to the whole world how exceptional we are …



To be continued ...

Comments