Skip to main content

Awakening

The Norwegian refugee / The Norwegian nomad                                

(A blog viewing my opinion and commentaries on social, political and cultural viewpoints, based on my observations and interpretations. A frank and direct language will be used.)

Ask yourself a question; - is it true that Norway is the best country to live in? (Ref. a UN survey published in 2017). Then the question: - With the happiest and most satisfied people, … really …? Really?

I’m sceptic. One may view me as dystopic, but I beg to differ, and voice my views based on what I observe and experience.

Being an ethnic Norwegian; born and raised in a small town at the south-east coast. However much of my adult life I have worked internationally (Europe, Asia, and the Americas) in top- and middle management, and in this context I view myself as a modern “gipsy”, or a “nomad”.

That being said, when the oil crunch happened a few years ago, I had to return to Norway, out of job like so many others, and entering the “system”. After 43 years of intense work, this by itself was like crashing into a brick wall at high speed.

Your “social status” is altered, one are “obsolete”, and so much of what you thought (maybe naively) really didn’t fit, and led me to reflect and ask myself questions, sometimes really painful ones …

One of the most crucial was, how can my family and I obtain a decent life under current Norwegian conditions? How to survive …? Everything grins to a halt and one is left with little or no options.

Leave the country, try to search for other opportunities elsewhere,  return to being a nomad, The Norwegian Refugee, as a reversed stream of refugees leaving Norway searching for a decent life!

This is more or less the basis for my blog.


To be continued …

Comments